Monday 26 September 2016

Stoner Sex: Setting the Scene, Partners Who Quit, Talking Tokers & Piquing Interest

Dear Hyapatia,
My girlfriend doesn’t get high. She says she tried it once and it gave her a panic attack. I tried to get her to give it another shot for a while, but gave up months ago. Now she says she wants to try it again. How can I help to make sure she has a pleasant experience? – Marcus

Dear Marcus,
First of all, I’d try to get a pure indica for her to try. Sativas are more likely to induce anxiety. (For an inexperienced smoker, this can occur with a powerful sativa.) Then set up the optimum environment. Make your environment peaceful and serene. Dim the lights, lock the doors and turn off the phones are of. Take care of all issues – kids, pets, etc. – so you won’t be disturbed. Play some of her favorite, relaxing music. If there’s something that she likes specifically that can help her to relax and feel comfortable, add that to the scene. Once she’s high, a massage might help her to focus on her body and help her to relax.

Dear Hyapatia,
Help! My boyfriend has decided he wants to quit smoking weed! He thinks we need to take a break because it costs so much and he says when we start again in a month or two, we’ll get much higher. I need my weed to cope with all the shit I’m going through at work and with my family. I don’t want to get into it here, but life is stressful! I don’t want to quit! I almost told him that if he thinks we need a break from weed, I think we need a break from sex! – Leslie

Dear Leslie,
Your boyfriend needs to understand that just because you’re in a relationship together doesn’t mean you will do everything together. Relationships don’t have to be co-dependent. You can make your own decisions and do your own things independently of him without it meaning your relationship is threatened. He’s really overstepping boundaries by making a decision for the both of you. If he wants to quit for a while – fine. It’s his prerogative. But he cannot make that decision for you! Let him know that you fully support his decision, but you’re in no position to join him at this time. Explain that your life is simply too stressful right now for you to go without cannabis.

Dear Hyapatia,
My girlfriend is really sweet and all, but she talks a lot.  When we get high and are chillin’, I want to start doing stuff, you know? She just wants to talk. I’ve noticed a lot of girls talk a lot. Why is that? — Carlos

Dear Carlos,
Women are usually more verbal and men are often more physical. Women are concerned with feelings and how relationships are working. They like to share emotions and ideas with their lovers and get feedback as to what he’s thinking. This is romantic for us. It’s a way for us to be intimate emotionally before we move on to being intimate physically. It’s often integral to our sexual and emotional fulfillment. Relationships require compromise, some give and take. Roll a few blunts or joints and relax. Share your heart and mind and she’ll share her body. Fundamentally, these are simply two different ways of making love. When she shares her thoughts with you and gives you positive feedback, she’s showing you that she loves you, not just your body. You should do the same for her. If you never share yourself, your relationship won’t deepen and flourish.

Dear Hyapatia,
I’ve been single for a while and am ready for a relationship. I met a man who comes to the dispensary where I work. I’ve tried to show him that I’m interested in him, and I always try to have a long conversation with him, but he hasn’t asked me out yet. He is so hot and sexy and I know we would get along really well. How can I get him to ask me out? – Marie

Dear Marie,
You have to walk a fine line here. Since you’re at work, you don’t want to make your boss think that you’re making the customers uncomfortable. With that issue firmly in mind, I suggest you come right out and ask him if he’d like to go out with you. Or use a bit more stealth. Ask him if he’s involved in a relationship. This is non-intrusive, yet it plants a seed. If he says he’s not, let him know that you aren’t either. Beyond that, there really isn’t much you can do without jeopardizing your job, in my opinion. Continue to discuss strains you both enjoy. Make small talk and maybe the seed you planted will grow and, one day, he will ask you out.



from
http://hightimes.com/culture/stoner-sex-setting-the-scene-partners-who-quit-talking-tokers-piquing-interest/

No comments:

Post a Comment